Saturday 5 October 2013

Tattoo Design 1.

This is one of the first drawings I did that was originally inspired by a tattoo.


At first I started this drawing by practicing my realistic drawing skills by drawing a skull mainly focusing on the shading techniques I would need to improve. 

However after watching a number of tattoo based television show, I decided to draws some revolvers behind the skull. It was only after drawing these revolvers I realized how empty the bottom of the designed looked.

I was first tempted to draw some scroll work with some lettering but I didn't know what to write on the scroll. So I ended up drawing some roses on the bottom as I have practiced my flower drawing before and I know that many different tattoos have skulls associated with roses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment