Wednesday 23 October 2013

Art 26. Random Art

This piece is inspired by the graphic Novel Black Sad.

After reading the stories in the graphic novel, Blacksad, I was really interested by the scene in which you see a reptile bar. So I decided to draw a scene with two characters, a lizard and a frog. 


Started the drawing with a simple sketch of the characters and the scenery.


I then decided to do the shading of the background and draw the lighting of the characters at the bar, displaying how the background has little light and that the main focus is drawn to the foreground.


This is a fly that I drew in the scene for the frog character to look at. 


I made the frog character look up at the fly with his mouth open, possibly ready to attack and eat the fly.


I wanted to make the lizard character look more drunk by making his one eye wider than the other. 



No comments:

Post a Comment