Wednesday 8 January 2014

Cows Do Cosplay .2

Cows Do Cosplay: The Silver Surfer!



 So here is another one of my Cows Do Cosplay, I decided to draw Silver Surfer Cow as I had my brand new sketch book and thought why not carry on this CDC idea on into the new year.
I started this new piece by looking at a number of Surfer images online, to find a positioning and scale which I thought would be interesting to try and replicate. I found a piece which I really liked and began by drawing out the figure of the Surfer and once I had the body on the paper as a rough sketch I then changed the head, hands and feet into that of a cow as well as adding the udders onto the abdomen instead of the shiny six pack the usual Surfer would have, however as we all know cows don't have six packs.



I then added some more detail on to the background, I wanted to add a bit of colour to the darkness of space, so I began with a layer of purple and then black over the purple starting gently and getting more heavy the further I went from the edge of the planets atmosphere. I then added the colour to the planet, I started with a rough filler of light green with more emphasis on the edge of the planet to try and show the distance of the Surfer from the planet. 


Once the colour had been completely added I decided to do some simple edits on the iPhoto app on my macbook. I changed the contrast levels and brightness to show more detail of the Cow Surfer. Once I have more professional programmes on my macbook, I will add more detail to this piece and try to make the lines of the background more crisp and detailed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment